Friday, June 23, 2017

Inky Friends 2017-18 New Catalog Blog Hop

Hello! and welcome to the Inky Friends New Catalog Blog Hop.  We used to hop under the name of Stampin' Addicts, but we have come up with a fresh, fun new name.  We are a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators that love to create and share our projects.  If you are following the hop in order you have just arrived from stop #1 which is the very talented Shelley Zarlings Blog, Miss Mad Stamper.  She did a super job showcasing the new stamp set Always and Forever.
The new stamp set I chose to showcase is called A Little Wild and it also has a set of matching framelits called Little Loves.
A Little Wild Stamp Set and Little Loves Framelits 
This is such a cute little set and is great for making baby cards and gift tags but I looked at it and thought of Valentines Day.
I've always loved making Valentines and thought this little lion would make a super cute one.  my color choices were Real Red, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  I couldn't find my Crushed Curry Stamp and Write Marker so I used the Ink Pad and an Aqua painter.  I do like the more subdued color for his fur.
Of course we needed a little treat to go with the card.   When I first saw the matching framelits for this set I thought of the Hershey Kiss Tent that Brenda Q. makes.  It's perfect because it has both the front and back to it.  
He's pretty cute!
and so is his backside.
I used a Hershey nugget instead and wrapped it in Crushed Curry so I could stamp the saying on the bottom as you can see in the picture below.

I love it!  The little punch "heart" is from the Cookie Cutter Punch.  
Thanks you so much for stopping by and hopping along with us.  Now it's time to hop on over to the fabulous Rhonda Griffins Blog, The Stampin' Bunny where she is showcasing the new stamp set Beautiful Bouquet.  Let's hop on over and check it out!




9 comments:

Cindy said...

Aw, Twila, these are so cute! I was on the fence about that bundle, but it just might end up in my cart next time! TFS!

Mickey Roberts said...

Super cute projects, Twila! I love the strong colors you chose.

Yapha said...

Twila! That's adorable!! I'd be "lion" if I said I didn't love it!! Great colors, too!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Adorbs. I love that little lion. The nugget idea is so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Twila - SUPER adorable - LOVE that little lion and the colors that you used - I am going to be CASEING for sure :-) Sarah

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Awwwww...these are So sweet and cute! Great idea with the nugget holder!!

Tanya Boser said...

What a darling little lion!! Who knew red and yellow could look so great as a baby card palette?!

Betty said...

Oh golly these are SO cute! Bold and fun!

Shelley Z said...

That Lion is too cute! I love the colors that you choose too! Adorable!