Sunday, November 5, 2017

Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop - Eastern Beauty

Hello, and welcome to the Stamp Review Crew's Blog Hop featuring the stamp set Eastern Beauty.  I am so excited to see everyone's creations using this set.   The possibilities are endless!  The thing I love most about the hops with the "Crew" is that you can always go to the "Home" link and look up all the creations at a later date.
This stamp set also has a set of matching Thinlit Dies which makes cutting out the shapes a breeze.
If you are following the hop in order then you have just arrived from the very talented Holly's Blog: Rubber Redneck .  I loved her take on this set, didn't you?
Let's take a look at my creations.
My first project I created was a simple "hello" card.  Using the new Blendability Markers  I had a lot of fun coloring the flower centerpiece.  I then cut it out using the matching Thinlit.  I backed it onto a circle stamped in the fun black outline circle stamp.  Card color choices included Pumpkin Pie and Peekaboo Peach with Whisper White to stamp my images on.  I added a Black Rhinestone to the middle of the flower to finish it off.  Simple and sweet.
My second card was a bit stepped up as I embossed the Pumpkin Pie cardstock with the Garden Trellis Emboss Folder.  I used our Stitched framlits to help draw attention to the phrase.  I again added the 6 sided flower but this time added a fun curly "q" heart to each petal, making it a bit more fancy.  I then added a few mini Gold Sequins to my phrase circle to add a little glimmer.
Here's a close up of the flowers.
I do have to admit to you that at first glance I really didn't think much of this set except for a couple of the sayings.  So that's why I bought the set.  But then I saw all the beautiful things people were creating with it and went ahead and purchased the Thinlits after the fact. 
I want to thank you for stoppping by and checking out my creations and hope that you will continue on the hop by visiting ever so creative Lou's Blog: With A Bow On Top By Lou .  I can't wait to see what she has created for us!  Have a great day everyone!


7 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this, Twila! The Pumpkin Pie is so pretty with your stamping and I love the Peek-a-Boo Peach with it. Your stepped up version is fun too it was fun how you did that! You ended up with too sweet cards!

Mike said...

Great cards! Love the simplicity.

Cindy said...

Love the first card, so CAS, but the stepped up version is equally beautiful!

WebDeb said...

Really pretty shading on that flower!

Lou said...

Such a perfect use of Stampin' Blends Twila. Gorgeous colour scheme.

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

I love them Twila! Gorgeous color scheme and the stepped up version is stunning.

Kelly Kent said...

Love the orange! So refreshing Twila! Kelly x